As a member of the Employers’ Health Cooperative on Healthcare, your employees have access to an innovative program helping to prevent and reduce risk for type 2 diabetes, Prevent T2 Lifestyle Change Program.
What is Prevent T2?
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you – and fun
- A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 4 months, then twice a month for 2 months and finally once a month for 6 months
Prevent T2 helps participants achieve moderate weight loss by eating well and being active.
By the end of the first six months, the goal is for participants to:
- Lose at least 5 to 7 percent of their starting weight
- Get at least 150 minutes of physical activity each week, at a moderate pace or more
By the end of the second six months, the goal is for participants to:
- Keep off the weight they have lost
- Keep working toward their goal weight, if they haven’t reached it
- Lose more weight if they wish
- Keep getting at least 150 minutes of activity each week